Rakan WARTAMAYA

Friday, July 24, 2009

Teo's family was disappointed that the royal commission would only scrutinise the MACC's investigation procedures

KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Commission of Inquiry formed to look into the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission's investigation procedures must have its terms of reference expanded to include reasons for Teoh Beng Hock's death, opposition leaders said.

Several Pakatan Rakyat leaders said there were many unanswered questions on the circumstances leading to Teoh's death last week.

"The terms of reference for the royal commission and a separate inquest on Teoh's death are a mockery of the people's cry for justice," they said in a statement yesterday.

The statement was signed by Parti Keadilan Rakyat vice-president R. Sivarasa, Pas council member Dzulkefly Ahmad and Selangor DAP secretary Lau Weng San.

In Alor Gajah, the Teoh family also have expressed their dissatisfaction with the scope of the royal commission

Teoh's sister, Lee Lan, 29, said the family was disappointed that the royal commission would only scrutinise the MACC's investigation procedures.

"We were expecting the royal commission to look into (Teoh) Beng Hock's death, all the questions that have been left unanswered, the grey areas, how he actually died and who caused it.

"Instead, the cabinet had only an inquest led by a magistrate to determine the cause of Beng Hock's death," she said after DAP adviser Lim Kit Siang visited the family home.

Lee Lan said the family wanted the government to look into Teoh's death only through the establishment of a royal commission, which was mentioned to every cabinet minister who visited the family at Taman Sri Kelemak.

"We had even mentioned this to the political secretary to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, Dr Oh Ei Sun. We were confident that the government heard our call. But unfortunately the royal commission is only looking at the MACC." - NST
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

TOK LEBAI,  July 24, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Salam Wak............ kalau tak menipu tu tak sah olih UBN/UMNgOk...........dulu kini selama222nya.........ciiissss bedebah !!!!!!

TOK MISAI,  July 24, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

Salam Wak.................. UBN/UMNo bukan tau dosa ke .. halal ke .. haram ke .. habis semua dia sapu bersih......eeeeeeeeeee...goli den

Anonymous,  July 24, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Takut ke ngan inkues??? pucatle tuu..

Dr Cinta,  July 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Dulu masa kes ketuk ketampi "wanita Cina" dalam lokap polis, semua akbar Cina buat bising ikut rentak DAP. Hinggakan menteri dalam negeri kita kena minta ampun kat negara Cina. Malu Malaysia!

Tapi bila diketahui 'wanita Cina' tu sebenarnya adalah wanita Melayu, semuanya diam : inilah dia Keadilan Mengikut Bulu @ Selective Justice.
Wanita Melayu itu langsung tak dapat apa-apa pembelaan dari pihak DAP dan akbar Cina.

Sekarang nak minta pula SDR. Andaikata didapati terbukti si-Mati memang terlibat dgn kongsi gelap, rasuah dsbnya atau memang bunuh diri - apakah reaksi akbar nanti?

Blog list